Having a newborn baby boy is exciting and perhaps a bit scary as well. Many parents will want to go out and buy a whole wardrobe worth of clothes for their newborn baby. This is a mistake as the average newborn will outgrow those clothes within a matter of weeks. Here are some tips on how to buy newborn baby boy clothes.
Newborn Baby Boy Clothes
For babies that weigh between 5 and 7 pounds the clothes found in clothing stores for newborns can be bought right off the rack. If it is an 8 or 9 lb baby it may be necessary to look a bit more for clothes that will fit.
Newborns will need more than one outfit for a single day because of all the accidents, and spit-ups, and other things that occur because they are infants.
Newborn Baby Boy Clothes – A List Of Basic Clothes
1. Bodysuits and 1-pieces are comfortable for the infant and easy to put on and take off. For most parents having five or six of these will be the most convenient.Carter’s Boys’ 6-Pack Short-Sleeve Bodysuit
2. Booties and socks will typically get less abuse than some of the other clothes. For this reason, parents may not need as many of these, but many parents still choose to get 4 or 5 pairs. Luvable Friends Unisex 8 Pack Newborn Socks
3. Caps are necessary for newborns because their heads need to be kept warm. Only one or two caps are necessary. Some parents who want their babies to have caps that match their clothes may want more but they should remember that the children will quickly outgrow these so not more than three or four caps are recommended.Little Me Boys’ 2-Piece Footie & Cap Set
4. T-shirts will get some of the most abuse because the infant will wipe its hands on the shirt, they will spit up on the shirt and have all kinds of accidents that happen, and for this reason, most parents will want six or seven shirts for the infant.Baby Boys’ 5 Pack Superhero Bodysuits
5. Gowns are very convenient for the infant at home. They are easy to put on and to take off and they are very comfortable for the baby boy. At least two gowns are recommended and for some situations, three or four might be suitable as well.Baby Boys’ Newborn 23-Piece Baby Layette Set
6. Long pants will often be needed when taking the infant outdoors but they will not get as much abuse as other clothing, so 2 or 3 pairs should be sufficient for most parents. Remember that the infant will outgrow these in a few weeks, so buying more could be wasteful. Newborn Baby Boy Clothes Rompers Jumpsuit And Pants
When buying newborn baby boy clothes be sure to keep the tags and receipts on all purchases. It is possible that the parents will not use all of the clothes and they may want to try and return those for a refund. The most common mistake parents make is buying too many clothes and then the child outgrows them before having a chance to wear them even once.
Any parent can have the needed clothes for their newborn baby boy by following the suggestions above. They should buy what they need but not give in to the temptation to go overboard. They will have plenty of opportunities to do more shopping as the baby grows.